فضفضة

Thursday 11 March 2010 , Posted by Shaheen at 21:22


One of my roles at work is frequently train new engineers, which is something I love and do sincerely. I feel happy when I see a fresh graduate is turning to be a professional engineer who is able to do his job and solve problems in far locations.

I chose the people who might be good candidates carefully. Most of them were able to learn fast and to grasp the needed skills and knowledge, all is good until now, but these days I'm stuck with a new employee who is just stupid, I had to repeat everything for him twice and thrice, when I try to explain basics concepts he jumps to ask me about very specified details, holding my anger horses for many times did not work with him, and the most I hate is he is staring at me and keep his face close to me :rant:. 

The worst part is when I tell him to do something and check on him later, 
I find it was easier for me to do that task directly instead of delegating him and redoing it with the lost time...simple tasks by the way.

One day after another, I realized that its too early for him to get this training, sent him to another department for induction courses and showered him with nearly 1G of  books, manuals and papers...told him...when you finish reading this come back to me I'll make an exam for you :D

It has been a tough month here going back to the main office in few days hope there will be some change, miss my family and friends. 







Bookmark and Share

Currently have 8 comments:

  1. SimSim says:

    Now u understand how I feel !! to be a teacher !! when u do ur best to simplify things yet some students still don't get it ! I feel like screaming or crying loool I think it feels worst when u deal with grownups :D allah y3enak !!

  1. Whisper says:

    I know exactly what u r talking about, at my work my stupid manager think that I can teach a new employee what I'm doing, which is programming, and that he don't need a special course

    I spent hours correcting what they did in some thing if I did it in the first place it can't take more than 10 minutes

  1. Shaheen says:

    SimSim

    It was in my mind, God help teachers, the difference is I have work to do not only teaching, Hamdolla he is gone now

    Managesh alza3ter were amazing

  1. SimSim says:

    Jarabt-ha ?!!! Great !!

    sa7teen w 3afyeeh glad u like it :D

  1. sheeshany says:

    I think I can relate very much to what u r saying; being in education field myself I find myself in similar situations. :)

    H.

  1. Shaheen says:

    SimSim

    managesh is my best breakfast, I would prefer them over anything else.

    Haitham: welcome to my blog, do you enjoy teaching?

  1. Shaima says:

    I was reading it and suddenly it hits me, im that fresh graduate that my boss wants to kill :$$.. but hamdella he's more patient than u :P
    6 moths has passed now & im overloaded with work + irritating questions , that sometimes my boss wants to change his name mn ktr ma bnadelo :D

    ya3teek el 3afyiii :D

  1. I can not stand stupid people :( and most of the time I can not hold my anger against them! that's one of the most difficult things I would do!

    did he came back again after inductions and reading books? :D

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment